Rotator Cuff Surgery in Jaipur
A rotator cuff is a group of four muscles and tendons that help to stabilize the shoulder. It also helps in movement. Every time you move your shoulder, you use the rotator cuff to keep it stable and help the joints move. A rotator cuff injury is an injury to the rotator cuff that can be painful and cause many other problems. Rotator cuff injury is the most common cause of pain and disability in adults. Looking for rotator cuff surgery in Jaipur, book an appointment with Dr. Arun Partani at Partani clinic, Jaipur.
The problem of the rotator cuff is increasing rapidly in people, people often ignore this special pain in the shoulders. Due to the rotator cuff, sometimes the shoulders become swollen and there is difficulty in moving, turning the hands. The rotator cuff problem occurs when the four muscles that connect the shoulder joint to the arm (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, and subscapularis) are damaged.
Symptoms of Rotator Cuff Injury
Usually, due to rotator cuff injury, you feel pain in the shoulder and upper arm, pain in extending the arm up or out, pain in lifting or rotating the arm. Sometimes this pain is unbearable and affects your daily activities. When you move your arms, you are more likely to rub against the surrounding structures of the muscles when the rotator cuff is injured.
Pain from a rotator cuff injury can affect you, although not every rotator cuff injury causes pain. But one should avoid doing certain activities that cause pain. Some of the symptoms of rotator cuff injury are as follows:
- Severe shoulder pain
- This will disturb your sleep, especially if you will be sleeping with shoulder weights.
- With this, you will neither be able to comb the hair nor will your hands reach your back.
- Your arm may be weak.
- More pain at night.
If you feel these problems for a week and your arm is having problems in movement, then consult a doctor immediately.
Causes of Rotator Cuff Injury
- A rotator cuff injury can be caused by an injury to the shoulder or damage to the cells of a tissue or organ.
- This injury can also be caused by moving the shoulder or head too much or lifting something heavy for a long time.
- Injuries to the rotator cuff can happen when you suddenly fall under the weight of an arm or shoulder. This problem can get aggravated over time by doing such activities again and again.
- The problem of the rotator cuff can also be due to the degeneration of tissues with aging.
Rotator Cuff Injury Risks
- Age: The risk of rotator cuff injury increases with age. This problem is most common after the age of forty.
- Special Sports: Players who regularly play sports involving movement of the hands or arms such as baseball, tennis, shooting, etc. They are more likely to have this problem.
- Construction work: Persons engaged in occupations such as carpentry or paint have to move their arms more in their work. In such a situation, they may also have rotator cuff injuries.
- Family history: One of the reasons for rotator cuff injury can be genetics as this problem is more common in some families.
Diagnosis of Rotator Cuff Injury
First of all, the doctor will ask you about the serious injury. Along with this, you will be asked about chronic symptoms. You will also get to know about the problems that you have had for a long time.
- Physical exam: The physical exam often includes checking for bone deformities, muscle function, and changes in the damaged tendon compared to normal.
- Evaluation: Your shoulders will then be assessed. The evaluation will measure the movement of both shoulders. If you suspect that you have a broken bone, do not delay in getting it checked out. Injury to the shoulder muscles can also be measured by how much you can lift your arm against gravity.
- Blood flow and sensation can be assessed in the arm and hand, pain can be felt by feeling the nerves, they can be felt by moving or touching them.
- Your neck may be examined. This thing is checked on the basis of the age of the person, the cause and symptoms of the injury, etc. Your doctor may also check for chest pain or breathing problems.
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
The treatment of rotator cuff injury is done by:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs)
- Strengthening and stretching exercises
- Ultrasound therapy
- Corticosteroid shot (injection)
- Surgery (in severe cases)
Rotator Cuff Surgery in Jaipur
In severe cases, surgery may also be used. Which surgery to do depends on many things. These surgeries can be done in rotator cuff injury:
- Arthroscopic tendon repair: In this procedure, the surgeon inserts a small arthroscope camera and tool into the bone.
- Open Tendon Repair: An open tendon repair is a good option in some situations. In this surgery, your surgeon makes a large incision to the bone to repair the damaged tendon.
- Shoulder replacement: Many rotator cuff injuries may require shoulder replacement surgery.
- Address M-21, Mahesh Colony, JP Crossing Underpass, Jaipur 302015, Rajasthan, India
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 91-988-730-2501