ACL Tear Surgery in Jaipur.
When a person has a knee injury, it is sometimes called an ACL ie Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL Knee Injury) present in the knee. Explain that the ACL plays an important role in connecting the bones together. Also, with their help, the knee can remain stable. ACL surgery, also known as knee ligament surgery, is performed when a person has an injury to their ligaments. Looking for ACL Tear Surgery in Jaipur book an appointment with Dr. Arun Partani at Partani clinic, Jaipur.
This surgery is mainly used to repair sports injuries. Thus, it is no less than a boon for the players as through this their injury gets cured quickly and they can maintain their sports performance as well. Despite all this, there is a lack of awareness among people about this surgery and that is why they are not able to take advantage of ACL surgery.
ACL surgery refers to surgery in which the largest ligament of the knee, namely the inner create ligament, is corrected. In this knee surgery, the torn ligament is replaced with a corrected one. It is an easy process that takes very less time.
Causes of ACL Injury
Usually, this injury can happen during sports or physical activity. Because in these circumstances the stress on the knee can increase. Apart from this, there are some other reasons which are as follows.
- Jumping the wrong way.
- To stop suddenly while walking at someplace.
- Walking on a broken road.
- Change your direction while walking suddenly.
- Putting emphasis on the infected leg.
- Hitting the knee of a heavy object.
Symptoms of ACL Injury
A person who has an injury to the ACL present in the knee, then he may see the following symptoms-
- Explain that a person may have to face swelling due to an ACL injury. This swelling can be bothersome for more than 24 hours after onset. However, swelling can be relieved through ice compress or hot compress.
- A person who has an ACL injury can feel severe pain during that time. This pain occurs in the knee joint. In such a situation, neither a person is able to stand properly nor walk properly.
- A knee ACL injury can make it difficult for a person to walk normally. In such a situation, whenever one does physical activity, he may have to face both pain and swelling.
When is ACL surgery recommended?
ACL surgery is mainly done in these 5 situations-
Unbearable pain in the knee- Knee pain is a problem for most of people, for which common methods are adopted.
Sometimes this problem resolves on its own after some time, but if a person keeps on increasing pain in the knee, then he should contact the doctor because then he may need to undergo ACL surgery.
- Knee Injuries- A person who has an ACL injury can feel severe pain during that time. This pain occurs in the knee joint. In such a situation, neither a person is able to stand properly nor walk properly.
- Difficulty in walking- If a person is troubled by unbearable pain in the knee, due to which he also has difficulty in walking, then his treatment is possible only through surgery. In that case, ACL surgery can be done so that he can get relief from this problem.
- Affecting functionality- The knee of the human body is very important, through which it is easy to move, but when this organ gets damaged, it affects its functionality. This problem can be solved by ACL surgery.
- Being a professional athlete – ACL surgery is mainly performed on those people, then there are professional sportsmen because they have a lot of injuries during the game and they need to get it treated quickly.
How is ACL surgery performed?
This is the best surgery to cure knee problems, which includes some important steps, which are as follows-
- Step 1: Anesthesia Injection – Anesthesia injection is given to the knee before starting ACL surgery, the person should not feel any kind of pain during the whole procedure.
- Step 2: Insertion of an intravenous line (IV) into the shoulder- After giving the anesthesia injection, the doctor places an intravenous line in the person’s shoulder. This is done so that through this the surgeon can inject medicine etc. into the human body.
- Step 3: Making a cut in the front part of the knee- After applying the intravenous line in the shoulder, the cut is made in the front part of the knee of the person. Through this cut, surgical cameras and instruments are inserted into the body.
- Step 4: Removal of a torn ligament- After making a cut in the knee, the torn ligament is pulled out. After taking out this ligament, the surgeon cleans the area.
- Step 5: Placement of a new ligament- After removing the damaged ligament, a new ligament is put in its place. After the new ligament is placed, the doctor closes the cut and with this, the process ends.
- Step 6: Taking the person to the correction room- After the knee surgery is over, the person is taken to the recovery room. In this room, the person’s health is monitored to confirm that he is completely healthy.
What precautions should be taken after ACL surgery?
Although a person may face some risks after having this surgery, he can reduce the chances of these risks by taking the following precautions-
- Taking pain-relieving medicine- Since, after this surgery, there is a pain in the knee, that is why surgeons give pain-relieving medicine, which should be consumed by the person in case of pain in his knee.
- Taking physical therapy- Sometimes, doctors also recommend physical therapy after ACL surgery. This therapy helps a person to recover quickly because through this the muscles of his knee become stronger and it also increases his efficiency.
- Eating nutritious food- If a person has recently undergone ACL surgery, then he should take special care of his diet. He should eat only nutritious food and at the same time, he should avoid cold things as they can have a bad effect on his knee, due to which his health may decline.
- Avoid heavy physical activities- Since a person’s body is very weak after ACL surgery, that is why he should not do heavy activities. If he engages in activities that require exertion, the consequences can be quite fatal.
- Getting enough sleep- It is very important for all people to get enough sleep because when they sleep, the cells in their body are repaired, due to which their body also gets the necessary energy. Therefore, all people should try to get enough sleep (8 to 10 hours) so that they can remain healthy.
- Keeping in touch with the surgeon- This is the most important thing that everyone should follow. If a person has recently had ACL surgery, he or she should stay in touch with the surgeon until they have declared him or her completely healthy.
It is believed that any problem should not be ignored as it can take a serious form after some time. This also applies to problems related to the knee, often we have knee pain, which most of us do not take seriously. Sometimes our attitude like this can put us in a serious situation and then the only option left for us is to get ICL surgery.
Since most people are not aware of this knee surgery, that is why they are not able to take advantage of it, but if they have the necessary information about it, then perhaps they can also get rid of the knee problem.
How long does it take to recover from ACL surgery?
It takes different times to improve the health of people having ACL surgery. On average, a person’s health improves 4-6 months after ACL surgery.
Is ACL surgery painful?
There may be slight pain in and around the knee in ACL surgery. Although this pain gets better after some time, for some people, this pain can also be difficult to bear.
How is ACL surgery performed?
In ACL surgery, mainly the ACL is replaced by an artificial ACL. In ACL surgery, this procedure is done using a graft.
Can ACL be repaired without surgery?
However, ACL can be cured without surgery. Despite this, doctors recommend surgery immediately after an ACL injury to reduce the risk of it.
- Address M-21, Mahesh Colony, JP Crossing Underpass, Jaipur 302015, Rajasthan, India
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 91-988-730-2501