Whenever there is the slightest change in the weather especially when it turns a little cold, our joints tend to get uncomfortable. Not only this, but the pain caused due to some injury in the joints that might have occurred ages ago also tends to come back in the cold weather. There is no exact answer to this phenomenon but there are few realizations and theories that lead to the conclusions.
RELATION BETWEEN WEATHER AND BODY:-
- We live in the lower-most biosphere layer of the earth, the fertile layer where all life exists. Regarding the biosphere, you should also know that the atmospheric pressure in this layer is also the highest. In simple words, as we fly in simple words as we flew up in the sky the atmospheric pressure will get lower and lower.
- Along with this atmospheric pressure, there is another pressure existing in our environment that refer to barometric pressure. Barometric pressure is the pressure that is due to the surrounding air. This pressure changes according to the weather and the amount of humidity in the air.
- When the weather is hot, the temperature of the environment is high. The water molecules present in the air tend to evaporate causing less humidity in the air. Hence, the air is lighter leading to low barometric pressure.
- When the weather is cold or its rainy season, the environmental temperature drops. Due to this, there is an increase in the number of water molecules in the air, it turns humid and heavy. This causes an increased value of barometric pressure.
- This pressure is Important for us to keep moving on the ground and live a stable life.
- Barometric pressure is essential to maintain homeostasis in the body. Any fluctuation in this pressure can be easily felt by living organisms which leads to either comfortable living or discomfort
WEATHER AND JOINTS:-
- Our joints are like fill up balloons with either air or some kind of fluid. When there is increased barometric pressure, our joints are the first body parts to get affected by it. Joints are pressed against the barometric pressure leading to discomfort and pain.
- The Injured joints, although they might have recovered they remain as weak spots in the body for longer periods of time. These spots are also pressed against barometric pressure leading to pain in them.
- People suffering from joint-related injuries such as arthritis are more prone to suffer from discomfort and pain in rainy or cold weather.
- Also, people above the age of 50 tend to suffer from pain in joints due to weather change.
- Women in pre-menopausal or post-menopausal age can also undergo severe pains in lower back region and knees due to this environment disease.
- Some people can also have sensitive bodies that naturally tend to get discomfortable in cold weather.
WHEN IS THE NEED OF A DOCTOR?
Although this condition is the part of body’s natural mechanism to maintain homeostasis. Little pain or discomfort can be tackled with easy home remedies. But if the body shows symptoms such as :
- Swelling in the joints.
- Redness caused due to inflammation of joints.
- Difficulty in pursuing day to day activities.
If you feel any of these symptoms prevailing in the body, then it is the right time to consult a doctor.
HOME REMEDIES TO EASE THE PAIN IN JOINTS DUE TO WEATHER CHANGES:-
There are many proven home remedies that can turn beneficial to cope up with the discomfort and pain caused during the rainy or cold weather. Some of them are:-
Keep your body warm:
- During cold weather, our body gets trouble keeping the heat intact within our system. Wearing warm clothes can help to keep the body within comfortable levels of heat.
- Consume foods and drinks that naturally tends to produce heat in the body.
- Increase the number of physical activities in your daily schedule. Physical activities require energy which produces during the breakdown of molecules in the body. Heat produce as a by-product with the release of energy.
Keep the outside environment warm:
Having a warm temperature around you can help you to prevent weather-related problems in your body. You can have an inbuilt heater connection in your home. If you don’t have one, then you can also purchase an electric heater for your house.
Take warm showers:
Taking showers in warm water can also help to ease the pain in the joints. These kinds of showers are also helpful in relaxing your mind and body by cleansing your aura.
Drugs and ointments:
Even if these remedies don’t work for you, then you can go for a prescribed pain killer. You can also massage an ointment rich in menthol oil in the affected area. The ointment release heat in that area which soothes pain. Other than that, you can also use a hot water bag on the discomforted joint and keep it for as long as the water remains hot in the bag.
In the rainy season, if you are facing joint pain so visit Partani Clinic in Jaipur. At Partani Clinic, you get the best treatment about our joint pain and joint replacement surgeries.